Here at Encore people are our key resource. Without them, we can’t offer the quality service our customers know and expect. We want all our staff to achieve their full potential so we make sure we offer full training and career development.
In light of the changes in Data Protection legislation, we have introduced a Privacy Notice for job applicants. Please take a look before applying for one of our jobs, so you know about the way in which we use, share and store your personal data.
If you are interested in applying for any of our vacancies, or wish to send in a speculative application, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to read our privacy notice for job applicants.
Nightshift Warehouse Operative – Based in Washington (NE37)
Main duties include;
- Working in paper warehouse supplying reels of paper to machines using clamp truck. Training will be given on clamp.
Other duties include;
- Loading and off-loading wagons.
- Entry and removal of pallets from our racking locations.
- Supplying stocks to the shop floor.
- Stock taking.
- General warehouse duties.
Applicant must have Counter Balance license (Flexi would be an advantage) and a full clean driving licence.
You will start with two weeks training on dayshift, moving to permanent nightshift 10pm to 6am Sunday to Thursday thereafter.
Trainee Printer – Based in Dewsbury
- To learn how to operate and run small fed litho overprinting machines
- To work with the Overprint Team to ensure production figures are hit and increased as set by the Overprint Manager
- To communicate all issues to Management as they arise for quick resolution
Key Contacts/Working Relationships:
- Report directly to the Overprint Manager
- Daily communications with the Overprinters on shift
- Liaison with the Manager for mechanical issues
Job Holder Responsibilities:
- To learn how to make the machines ready for production
- To learn how to print litho work
- To learn the ISO 9001 Quality procedures
- To learn how to comply with all areas of ISO 14001 environmental accreditation
- To learn how to minimise wastage
- To learn how to maintain a high standard of housekeeping on and around the machines
- To learn all the relevant aspects of Health & Safety, including guarding on the machines
Qualifications / Work Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 & ISO 9001
Job Specific Skills:
- Multi-tasking and organisation of tasks
- Communication (as stated above)
- Keen attention to detail
- Trouble-shooting / problem solving
- To learn the language of print in order to progress within the business
Behavioural Competencies and Personal Qualities:
- This role would suit a driven individual who is looking to start training for a career in a skilled manual role who would also commit to and undertake the British Printing Industries Federation (BPIF) qualification
- The company expects all employees to be courteous and respectful at all times and will not tolerate any prejudice or discrimination
- Permanent, fulltime position
- Working hours during training period; 5 x 9 hour days Mon-Fri 08:00 to 17:00
- Rotating shifts once fully trained; 4 x 12 hour nights Mon-Thurs, 4 x 10 hours days Mon-Thurs 1 x 8 hours days Fri working 48 hours per week
- Starting wage is current National Living Wage
- Contributory Pension Scheme Available
- Non-contributory life insurance scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
This position is based at Shawcross Business Park in Dewsbury; please ensure that you are able to get to this site before applying.
Junior Sales Account Manager
(national minimum wage)
Encore Envelopes Limited, based in Washington, Tyne and Wear is the UK’s leading independent manufacturer of printed envelopes, supplying many of the country’s top businesses. Together with our sister company, Encore Packaging Solutions, we produce nearly four billion of the 15 billion envelopes and packaging items delivered by Royal Mail.
Encore Envelopes have a requirement for a Junior Sales Account Manager based out of our Washington site working Monday to Friday 8am to 5.30pm or 8.30am to 6pm.
The position involves assisting in the management of key accounts and developing new clients. Providing the team with support and in turn their clients with exceptional levels of service throughout the sales cycle.
We are looking for a dynamic, forward-thinking candidate who with time and experience will progress within the business. The candidate must demonstrate a high level of motivation and competence whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Estimating and the preparation of client quotations
- Stock management and delivery call off
- Goods receipting and client samples
- MI Reporting and the collation of data
- Generate sales among client accounts
- Manage projects co-ordinating with staff members and suppliers
- Sourcing stock and alternative pricing from multiple sources
Skills and attributes
Client focused, good interpersonal and communication skills. Team player who is a self-starter with a willingness to learn and develop. The ability to think on your feet and demonstrate innovation. Good organisation, planning and the ability to work to deadlines.
National minimum wage, pension scheme, EAP programme and life insurance.
Packaging – North East England
Having taken over an established corrugated packaging business Encore relocated to a 70,000 square feet site in Peterlee and invested in the latest state of the art technology and an experienced team to achieve a managed expansion plan, whilst diversifying into the manufacture of high quality printed folding box-board.
To further broaden its offering, Encore has achieved an AA rating with the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety and now supplies into a broad range of customers across the UK.
Exciting opportunities therefore exist, including as follows:
This will initially be a part time position (25 hrs per week) but the hours are expected to increase as the business and indeed the position develops and will encompass a broad spectrum of the day to day accounting function, including:
- Purchase Ledger
- Sales Ledger
- Nominal Ledger (preferably)
- Purchase and sales ledger experience essential
- Very good attention to detail
- Confident computer user who is comfortable using multiple programs throughout their work
- Must be a competent using Sage Accounts, Excel & Outlook as an absolute minimum
- Hard working and able to prioritise own workload
- Team player with good communication skills
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive package including pension contributions, life assurance, employee assistance programme and private medical insurance.