Here at Encore people are our key resource. Without them, we can’t offer the quality service our customers know and expect. We want all our staff to achieve their full potential so we make sure we offer full training and career development.
In light of the changes in Data Protection legislation, we have introduced a Privacy Notice for job applicants. Please take a look before applying for one of our jobs, so you know about the way in which we use, share and store your personal data.
If you are interested in applying for any of our vacancies, or wish to send in a speculative application, please email your CV to email@example.com
Please click here to read our privacy notice for job applicants.
Trainee Production Planner – Based in Washington
This role encompasses efficient scheduling of work through our factory, ensuring that the necessary materials are available and that the goods are despatched in accordance with customers’ requirements.
All planning and purchasing is done electronically on our bespoke Management Information System and full training will be given.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following personal attributes to be considered for this role:
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Good literacy, numeracy and computer skills
- The ability to multi task confidently
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast pace environment
The successful candidate will be hard working and motivated and be required to maintain the highest level of quality and service, with the ability to use their own initiative.
Previous experience in a fast-paced scheduling / planning environment is desirable but not a specific requirement.
In return, we offer a competitive package, including a defined contributions pension scheme, Private Healthcare, Employee Assistance Programme and Life Insurance.
Trainee Printer – Based in Dewsbury
- To learn how to operate and run small fed litho overprinting machines
- To work with the Overprint Team to ensure production figures are hit and increased as set by the Overprint Manager
- To communicate all issues to Management as they arise for quick resolution
Key Contacts/Working Relationships:
- Report directly to the Overprint Manager
- Daily communications with the Overprinters on shift
- Liaison with the Manager for mechanical issues
Job Holder Responsibilities:
- To learn how to make the machines ready for production
- To learn how to print litho work
- To learn the ISO 9001 Quality procedures
- To learn how to comply with all areas of ISO 14001 environmental accreditation
- To learn how to minimise wastage
- To learn how to maintain a high standard of housekeeping on and around the machines
- To learn all the relevant aspects of Health & Safety, including guarding on the machines
Qualifications / Work Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 & ISO 9001
Job Specific Skills:
- Multi-tasking and organisation of tasks
- Communication (as stated above)
- Keen attention to detail
- Trouble-shooting / problem solving
- To learn the language of print in order to progress within the business
Behavioural Competencies and Personal Qualities:
- This role would suit a driven individual who is looking to start training for a career in a skilled manual role who would also commit to and undertake the British Printing Industries Federation (BPIF) qualification
- The company expects all employees to be courteous and respectful at all times and will not tolerate any prejudice or discrimination
- Permanent, fulltime position
- Working hours during training period; 5 x 9 hour days Mon-Fri 08:00 to 17:00
- Rotating shifts once fully trained; 4 x 12 hour nights Mon-Thurs, 4 x 10 hours days Mon-Thurs 1 x 8 hours days Fri working 48 hours per week
- Starting wage is current National Living Wage
- Contributory Pension Scheme Available
- Non-contributory life insurance scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
This position is based at Shawcross Business Park in Dewsbury; please ensure that you are able to get to this site before applying.